Young India Books features the best of Indian children’s books for children of all ages. books that are primarily from Indian publishers, by Indian authors set in India. Familiar stories in familiar settings enables a child to appreciate their own rich cultural heritage.
The books on our website are hand-picked and well-curated to ensure that parents, educators, librarians, counsellors, authors and illustrators get an overview of the world of children’s books in India
We believe that by placing good books in the hands of children, books that they will love, will create life-long readers.
Enable Indian children from around the world to appreciate and understand their unique heritage; be it , flora, fauna, arts, culture and much much more in order that as adults, they will appreciate, protect and conserve.
* To promote quality literature about India for children.
* To assist various stakeholders - parents, teachers, librarians and book-sellers select appropriate books for children.
* To form partnerships with key stakeholders in order to enrich the quality of Indian literature for children.
* Reviews: Indian books for children between the ages of 0 to 16 years of age - picture books as well as chapter books.
* Authors and Illustrators: Know who they are and what motivates them to write or illustrate for kids.
* Search Books: Find fiction or non-fiction books according to the school curriculum, age and interests of the kids.
* We also conduct an annual award programme for schools titled The Leading Reading Schools of India Awards; to recognize and honour schools that inculcate a life-long love for reading in their students.