Young India Books brings to you the best of Indian Children's Books on a wide range of topics by best-selling Indian authors to authors making their first debut. Their works encompass a wide range of genres and topics. Here you will find books on Indian Mythology by Devdutt Pattnaik and Roopa Pai; books on Indian wildlife by Arefa Tehsin, Venita Coelho and Shamim Padamsee; humourous books by Anushka Ravishankar, Payal Kapadia and Natasha Sharma; thought-provoking books by authors such as, Ranjit Lal, Ruskin Bond and Paro Anand; and historical fiction by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni and Subhadra Sen Gupta.
Thus this website is a one-stop shop for teachers, parents, kids, librarians, bookstores and indeed anyone interested in children’s books. Here you can find books ranging from beloved classics to contemporary fiction and non-fiction; the latest publications, including science fiction, folk tales. thrilling adventures and others.
To sum up, Young India Books serves as a guide to the best Indian children’s books available in the market today for children of all ages, from toddlers to young children, preteens and teens all penned by leading Indian writers.
We hope that this list will serve as a guide in buying great books for your kids or serve as great gift-giving ideas so that you can successfully inculcate the love for reading in our children.
We also conduct an annual award programme for schools titled The Leading Reading Schools of India Awards; to recognize and honour schools that inculcate a life-long love for reading in their students.
Enable Indian children from around the world to appreciate and understand their unique heritage; be it , flora, fauna, arts, culture and much much more in order that as adults, they will appreciate, protect and conserve.
* To promote quality literature about India for children.
* To assist various stakeholders - parents, teachers, librarians and book-sellers select appropriate books for children.
* To form partnerships with key stakeholders in order to enrich the quality of Indian literature for children.
* Reviews: Indian books for children between the ages of 0 to 16 years of age - picture books as well as chapter books.
* Authors and Illustrators: Know who they are and what motivates them to write or illustrate for kids.
* Search Books: Find fiction or non-fiction books according to the school curriculum, age and interests of the kids.